My child goes to a child care centre
Does your child go to a child care centre? If so, you may be entitled to child care benefit. This is a contribution towards the costs of child care.
Conditions for child care benefit
These are the conditions for you and your possible benefit partner:
- You have a job. Or you follow a reintegration programme, a civic integration course or a training programme.
- The child care centre or childminding agency is registered . In case of childminding services, the childminder and the location of the childminding services must be registered as well.
- You concluded a contract with the child care centre or childminding agency.
- You pay the costs of the child care.
- You have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland. Are you from another country? In that case, you need a valid residence permit or work permit.
For how many hours may I receive child care benefit?
The number of child care hours for which you may receive child care benefit depends on the number of hours worked by the parent with the fewest working hours. You are entitled to child care benefit for a maximum of 230 hours per month per child.
Do you or does your benefit partner follow a training programme, reintegration programme or a civic integration course? In that case, too, you may be entitled to child care benefit.
My family does not live in the Netherlands
Do your benefit partner and the children live in an EU country, in Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland? And do your children go to a child care centre in that country? In that case, too, you may be entitled to child care benefit. You and your benefit partner must meet the conditions stated above.
A foreign child care centre must be registered as well. Check the register of foreign child care (Register buitenlandse kinderopvang - only available in Dutch) to see if your child care centre is registered.
Applying for benefit yourself
You can apply for child care benefit yourself. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to apply for a benefit.
Submit any changes in time
Is there any change in the data used to calculate your benefit, for example your income or the number of child care hours? In that case, you have to submit this change to us. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to submit a change.