AEO Customs Simplifications authorisation (AEO-C)
In international trade the AEO authorisation is increasingly necessary. There are 2 AEO authorisations. The AEO-C authorisation is somewhat less extensive than the AEO-S authorisation.
When applying for other customs certificates you often have to comply with one or more requirements that we set for an AEO-C authorisation.
Organisations with an AEO-C authorisation are entitled to a number of legal facilities and accompanying advantages.
Advantages of an AEO-C authorisation
An AEO-C authorisation will offer you the following advantages:
- fewer physical and documentary checks
- priority for inspection if your company has been selected for this.
- on request, an inspection may be conducted at a specific location
- easier access to customs simplifications
- notification of customs inspections in connection with advanced declarations
- being able to re-use investigation data where the simplified procedures are used
- a reduced amount of guarantee
Notification of customs inspections in connection with prior lodged declarations
If you are in possession of an AEO-C authorisation and have you lodged a customs declaration prior to the presentation of the goods (article 171 UCC) we will give you notification of a customs control in advance.
If you do not have this AEO-C authorisation you will only receive notification of a customs control when the goods enter.
Applying for an AEO-C authorisation
Read here how to apply for an AEO-C authorisation.