€ 10,000 or more worth in cash or securities
Are you carrying € 10,000 or more in money, securities and valuables upon entering or leaving the European Union? If so, you must declare this. If the liquid assets have a combined value of up to € 9,999.99, you do not have to declare them.
You must also file a declaration if you are not the owner but are transporting the cash for someone else.
Liquid assets in foreign currency must be converted into euros.
- What are liquid assets?
- Filing a declaration of liquid assets
- When should a declaration be filed?
- Where should I file my declaration if I’m travelling by airline?
- Declaration of liquid assets for crew and passengers of ocean-going vessels
- Examples of when a declaration must and must not be filed for liquid assets
- More information