When should a declaration not be filed?
You are NOT required to file a declaration with Dutch Customs for liquid assets if you:
- Are arriving in the Netherlands directly from one of these countries or regions, or
- Are travelling from the Netherlands to one of these countries or regions.
So are you not leaving the European Union? Or are you not leaving the flight or ship on which you entered the EU? In that case, you do not need to file a declaration for liquid assets.
EU countries and territories for rules about bringing money across the border
EU countries and territories for rules about bringing money across the border are:
- Czech Republic
- France (Including the French overseas departments Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Réunion and Mayotte and Saint-Martin)
- The Netherlands
- Portugal (Including the Azores and Madeira)
- Spain (Including the Canary Islands (Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Gomera, Hierro and La Palma), the Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, Formentera and Ibiza) and Ceuta and Melila)
- The United Kingdom