The decision issued to you has a maximum term of 8 years
The decision issued to you on the 30% facility has a maximum term of 8 years.
When is the term less than 8 years?
Have you lived or worked in the Netherlands prior to your date of arrival? In that case, the term of your decision will be less than 8 years. This applies if the period of your previous stay or employment in the Netherlands:
- began more than 25 years prior to your date of arrival in the Netherlands and ended less than 25 years prior to your date of arrival
- is less than 25 years prior to your date of arrival in the Netherlands
Which periods do not shorten the term?
We will not shorten the term of your decision if, in the previous 25 years:
- you have worked for a maximum of 20 days a year in the Netherlands
- you have been in the Netherlands for a holiday, family visit or other private reason for a maximum of 6 weeks a year or a one-off consecutive period not exceeding 3 months
- you have worked or resided some periods as an employee outside the Netherlands
When does the 30% facility end?
The end date of the 30% facility is stated in the decision issued to you But what if you leave your employer's organisation sooner? In that case the end date is your last day of work. Your employer is not allowed to apply the 30% facility to income that you receive after your last working day.