Immigration and tax issues

If you move from another country to the Netherlands, this will (usually) constitute immigration. From the moment of immigration, you will, for tax purposes, be considered a resident taxpayer. This means that you have to pay income tax and national insurance contributions in the Netherlands. Here, you can read about the consequences of immigration and what you should do. 

You have moved in 2015 or after

Did you move to the Netherlands in 2015 or after? And were you a non-resident taxpayer before moving to the Netherlands? To determine what the consequences are for you, it is important to know whether you are considered a qualifying non-resident taxpayer for the part of the year you were not living in the Netherlands yet.

Use the M form

You can’t file a digital tax return for the year during which you moved to the Netherlands. You must always make use of the M form.

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.