Applying for an exemption if you take your Dutch pension to another country

If you apply for exemption for the international value transfer of your Dutch pension you will not be liable for the payment of tax over this value transfer. 

You can only apply for an exemption if you meet the following conditions:

  • You have received a declaration from your Dutch pension institution or De Nederlandsche Bank to the effect that you can take your Dutch pension with you to a pension institution in another country.
  • You have been working outside of the Netherlands for at least 5 years consecutively.
  • Your new pension institution in the country where you work agrees to having your Dutch pension transferred to it.

Send your application for a tax-free international value transfer to:

Belastingdienst/Kantoor Buitenland
Team Loonheffing particulieren

PO Box 2865
6401 DJ Heerlen
Nederland (The Netherlands)

Please note!

Enclose with your application a copy of the declaration received from your Dutch pension institution or De Nederlandsche Bank.


Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.