How to file a tax return?
If you are a non-resident taxpayer, you can file a tax return online with:
- your DigiD. You log into the Mijn Belastingdienst section
- a user name and password
Apply for a user name and password
If you did not receive a user name and password, you can apply for these yourself with the form Requesting both username and password return for non-resident taxpayers.
How does it work?
- Once you have completed and sent us the form, we will send you two letters: one with your username and one with your password.
- You will receive the letters at the address we have on file.
- You can file your return online once you have received your username and password.
Online tax return
If you file a tax return in one of the ways referred to above, you need not fill a paper tax return form. Filing an online tax return has a number of advantages:
- It is simple and easy.
- You can easily select the questions you need to fill in.
- The calculations are done and checked for you. This will reduce the risk of errors.