Corona crisis - Customs FAQs

We are receiving a lot of calls about the corona crisis. These are the most frequently asked questions.

Can I go abroad during the corona crisis?

At you will find frequently asked questions about the coronavirus and travel advice for each country.

Am I allowed to post medicines during the corona crisis?

Customs is not the government agency responsible for this subject. See the website of the Inspectorate for Health and Youth Care (IGJ) site. They have a separate information page about the coronavirus.

IGJ site

I am moving from a non-EU country to the Netherlands. Does my removal company need to submit a proof of municipality registration with the import declaration?

Are you moving from a non-EU country to the Netherlands? And would you consequently like to import removal goods (goods used intended for personal use for you and your family)? You must file an import declaration to Customs for such purpose. You cannot do it on your own. The import declaration is filed via your removal company to the Digital Declaration System of Customs. Your removal company must submit a number of documents including a proof of registration in the Municipal Personal Records Database of a municipality in the Netherlands.

Due to the corona crisis, the registration in a municipality may take longer than usual. It is for that reason that temporarily, your removal company does not have to submit the proof of Municipality registration to Customs at the same time. The company may send it later, but no later than 2 weeks after the filing of the declaration. This situation continues until we announce that the usual regulations on the import of removal goods from a non-EU country are in force once more.

More information?

Under Coronavirus - see what the consequences are for your customs affairs