Plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables (phytosanitary products)

Do you take so-called phytosanitary products with you, such as plants, cut flowers, flower bulbs and root tubers? Or fruit and vegetables? Or do you order phytosanitary products outside the European Union (EU), for example via the Internet? Then you need a phytosanitary certificate.

Phytosanitary certificate

The country from which you depart will issue the certificate. Please check with the authorities in the country of departure. When you enter the EU, your products will be inspected by a phytosanitary inspection service.

Exception: you do not need a phytosanitary certificate for phytosanitary products originating from Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

Please note!

You should never simply take plants and plant products with you. Not even a small quantity. Rules apply to the import of plants and plant products. Visit the website of the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) and find out what you must do if you still want to take plants and plant products with you.

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.