Import: submitting a declaration for fresh bananas
Are you submitting a declaration for fresh bananas with goods code 08039010? Then you need a ‘Permit from an accredited banana weigher’.
This certificate enables you to set the net weight of the fresh bananas. The weight is stated on a weight certificate. You will need this certificate if you must pay import duties for the bananas.
Send us a message before you weigh the bananas
In this message, you must state:
- your name and EORI number
- date and time of the weighing
- location of the weighing
- number of your weight certificate
- identification details of the transport method used to import the bananas into the EU
- country of origin of bananas
- type of packaging
- number of packing units
You must send your message via email and ask for confirmation of receipt. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.