As from 1 January 2012, the Strategic Services Act (Wet strategische diensten) applies. This act provides rules on strategic services for strategic goods. The act also contains rules on technical assistance for instruments of torture.
There are three types of strategic services:
- non-physical transfer of software or technology
- technical assistance
- distributive trade services
The act provides when you:
- are allowed to provide technical assistance and when not
- are allowed an exemption
- require an authorisation for the non-physical transfer of software or technology
- require an authorisation for distributive trade services or must submit a notification
You can use the following forms for notifications or applications in connection with strategic services. Also read how to submit the forms.
More information about strategic services can be found at https://www.government.nl/topics/export-controls-of-strategic-goods.