Filing a tax return

You always need to file a declaration (or have this done) to import goods. You must do this even if you have been issued with one of the exemption licences listed below. The licence only ensures that you do not pay any import duties. There are 4 different licences for import duty exemptions. These are:

Always have a tax return filed

You cannot file a tax return independently. The import declaration and the procedure to follow takes place via Customs' electronic declaration system. Your removal company is obliged to assist you with this.

Please note!

With the import declaration your removal company must also submit:

  • (commercial) documents such as invoices, receipts, and so on
  • the inventory list of all goods for which you are applying for an exemption from import duties

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.