How to obtain an EORI number?
When you first submit a customs declaration, or have one submitted on your behalf, or apply for an authorisation with Customs, you require an EORI number. Depending on your situation, you can create this number yourself or have to apply for one.
Select your situation:
- I submit customs declarations in the Netherlands myself
In this case, you can create your own EORI number:
- Start your EORI number with the letters 'NL'.
- Add your RSIN behind 'NL'. Does you RSIN consist of fewer than 9 digits? Just put as many zeros in front of your RSIN until the number consists of 9 digits.
You can immediately start using your EORI number and are not required to report it to us. We will automatically check and register your number the first time you use it when filing a customs declaration or applying for an authorisation.
Your RSIN is 123456. Your EORI number will be the following: NL000123456
If you prefer to apply for your EORI number, you can download the application form:
Is your company’s head office outside of the EU? Please use the following form:
- I have a third party submit the customs declarations in the Netherlands
- I submit customs declarations abroad or have this done by a third party