Registering as an employer

Do you need to register as an employer with the Tax Administration in the Netherlands? You can do so by using the Registration form 'Foreign companies'.

After registration

Once you have registered as an employer you will receive the following from us:

  • a payroll taxes number
    You will need this payroll taxes number when you file payroll tax returns. Always refer to this number in any correspondence with us.
  • a 'Payroll tax return letter'
    This letter lists the tax return periods for which you are required to file tax returns during the current year.
  • when you will be required to pay employed persons' insurance contributions:
    • a letter stating the sector with which you are affiliated
    • a letter stating the percentage for the Return to Work Fund (Werkhervattingskas, Whk)

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.