I live in a rented house

Do you live in a rented house in the Netherlands? If so, you may be entitled to the rent benefit. This is a contribution towards your rental costs.

Conditions for the rent benefit

These are the conditions for you and your possible benefit partner:

  • You are 18 years of age or older. You rent independent accommodation.
  • You, your possible benefit partner, and co-occupants, aged 18 years or older, are registered at your home address in the Netherlands.
  • Your rent, (combined) income and capital are not too high.
  • Do you have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland? Then you do not need a valid residence permit, but you should have a right of residency. We will get this information from your municipality. Please check the IND-website for more information.
  • Are you from another country? If so, you need a valid residence permit that entitles you to benefits. Read more on the IND-website.

Applying for benefits yourself

You can apply for the rent benefit yourself. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to apply for a benefit.

Submit changes on time

Please notify us of any changes in your situation that may impact our calculation of your benefits. This may be the case if your income changes, if your rent goes up (or down) and so on. In these cases, you must notify us. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to submit a change.

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.