I have Dutch healthcare insurance

Do you pay Dutch healthcare insurance premiums or are you registered with the Central Administration Office (CAK)? If so, you may be entitled to the healthcare benefit. This is a contribution towards the costs of your Dutch healthcare insurance.

Conditions for healthcare benefit

These are the conditions for you and your possible benefit partner:

  • Your (combined) income and capital are not too high.
  • You are 18 years of age or older and you have compulsory Dutch healthcare insurance. Healthcare insurance is compulsory if you work in the Netherlands or do a paid internship here. You are also eligible for the healthcare benefit if you are registered with the CAK. Does your partner have no Dutch healthcare insurance? Then you are entitled to half the benefit amount that you would otherwise receive together. We do include your partner's income when calculating the benefit amount. Students are not eligible for the benefit if they only have a non-compulsory student insurance.
  • Do you have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland? Then you do not need a valid residence permit, but you should have a right of residency. We will get this information from your municipality. Please check the IND-website for more information.
  • Are you from another country? If so, you need a valid residence permit that entitles you to benefits. Read more on the IND-website.

Applying for benefits yourself

You can apply for the healthcare benefit yourself. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to apply for a benefit.

Submit changes on time

Please notify us of any changes in your situation that may impact our calculation of your benefits. This may be the case if your income changes, if your rent goes up (or down), and so on. In these cases, you have to notify us. Information about how to do this can be found under I want to submit a change.

Javascript is disabled in this web browser. You must activate Javascript in order to view this website.